Private Event Venues
Dairy Barn Lecture Hall
Located in our converted Dairy Barn that also houses our Education and Research Center and is fully climate controlled. The Lecture Hall is great for conferences, workshops, business meetings, and intimate occasions. It holds 80-100 people dinner style, and 150 theater style.
- 150 Auditorium/Theater style seating
- 80-100 Dinner Seating
Available Items with Rental
- 10 8’ Rectangular Tables, 10 6′ Rectangular Tables, and 10 5′ Round Tables
- 150 Chairs
- Rental Fee Schedule- Peak Rental Days: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: $800
- Off-Peak Rental Days: Monday – Thursday: $480
- Special rates are available to other agencies of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and a discount will be provided to those non-profit organizations who can produce tax exemption paperwork from Virginia’s tax agencies.
- All Rental Periods begin at 9:00 a.m. and end no later than 10:00 p.m.
- Private Event Rental clients shall not be allowed access to any Museum property in advance of the event without an additional fee, and ALL guests are expected to vacate the Museum premises by completion of the rental period.
- Additional time may be added in advance of the event at a rate of $125 per hour (or any part thereof). And carry over of clients or their guests pst the contracted rental period will result in a overage fee of $200 per hour or any part thereof.
- Failure to vacate the Museum or any of its rental spaces by the client or any of their guests by the completion of the pre-arranged contract rental period will result in the application of the overage fee of $200 per hour, or any part thereof. In order to avoid this fee, ALL client vendors, decorations, food services, and required venue clean up must be completed before the end of the Rental time period. additional fee being assessed to the client for every hour, or part thereof, where client or their guests remain on Museum property.
- In-room catering kitchenette with full sink and event staging area, as well as full kitchen accessibility in the Dairy Barn venue;
- Handicap access to all Dairy Barn spaces;
- Ample parking;
- Discounted group ticket pricing for guest who may be interested in visiting Museum exhibits;
- Tables in a variety of shapes and sizes, and plenty of chairs to meet the space’s maximum capacity; and
- Advance set-up of available tables and chairs, as well as basic clean-up and event break down of all Museum provided accessories performed by FCMV staff.
For more information and availability about Privately Hosted Rental Events, please contact our Private Event Staff at 540-332-7850 or email@example.com