Private Event Venues
Lee S. Cochran Pavilion
The Lee S. Cochran Pavilion overlooks the Museum’s Old World exhibits and boasts sweeping views of the surrounding valley and mountains.
This open-air structure blends nicely into the lush landscape that sits adjacent to the Pavilion making it perfect for larger events. In addition to a full kitchen, ice machine, and private restrooms, the Cochran Pavilion has a newly installed sound system with microphones and headphone input, as well as weather blocking sides that may be lowered to provide a fully enclosed space.
- The Pavilion features an enclosed area that can seat up to 300 guests for dinner or 400 guests in theater style seating.
Other Amenities including with this venue are:
- Tables: 18 – 8 ft. Rectangles, 11 – 6 ft. Rectangles, 35 – 5 ft. Rounds, & 6 Tall Bistro Pedestals;
- Chairs: 400 Folding Chairs;
- Full Catering Kitchen with Ice Machine, Food Warmer, & Beverage Cooler;
- 2 Handicap Accessible Restrooms;
- Adjustable Side Walls;
- Sound system with Headphone Jack Input; and
- Ample Parking.
Venue Rental Rates
- Peak Days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays): $2,500
- Off-Peak Days (Monday to Thursday): $1,500
- 50% discount available on rental rate for IRS approved tax exempt organizations and government entities. (Virginia State Government entities, please contact the Private Events Staff for the COV rate.)
- Rental Periods are between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., with additional hours being available in advance for $125 per hour.
- Rental Period Extensions by the Hour – $125/hour (up to 3 hours)
- Tent Rentals (we set up and take down all tents)
- 10′ x 10′ – $100
- 20′ x 30′ – $300
- 30′ x 40′ – $600
- Additional Tables & Chairs as available. Please contact us for pricing.
- Discounted Museum Admission Tickets (for use during regular museum hours of operation only).
- Side wall curtains can be deployed if desired
For more information and availability about Privately Hosted Rental Events, please contact our Private Event Staff at 540-332-7850 or firstname.lastname@example.org