Private Event Venues
Looking for a special place to host your private event?
The Frontier Culture Museum is pleased to be able to rent spaces to guests for use with their own privately hosted special events, and the success of each and every event held on site is important to the Museum. We offer an attractive array of venues suitable for a wide range of functions such as weddings, cocktail receptions, luncheons, board meetings, staff retreats, and company picnics, just to name a few. Our spaces range from rustic to contemporary and cozy to spacious, all of which are unique settings for unforgettable memories to be made.
Some options include a historic Octagonal Barn relocated from Bridgewater, Virginia, an expansive open-air Pavilion that overlooks the Museum’s Old World Exhibits, a converted Dairy Barn Lecture Hall and meeting space, and many more. Each venue is handicap accessible and comes with multiple amenities, including tables and chairs for use with your event, basic site supervision and security, and trash removal services. There is also ample parking on-site, discounted Museum Admission ticket rates, as well as a variety of other site specific conveniences.
Click on the links below for more information, and when you’re ready to schedule a visit of our venue, email email@example.com, or call us at 540-332-7850, and ask for Private Events today!
- Boasting 2 Unique Levels, the Upper Level can seat up to 130 guests for dinner and the Lower Level seats 130 in auditorium style seating or 100 guests for dinner.
- Additional guest capacity can be gained through the use of tents adjacent to the building, which are also available to rent from the Museum.
- A wooded amphitheater is included with this rental, providing one of many locations surrounding the Barn that are ideal for an outdoor wedding ceremony.
Other Amenities Included with this Site are:
- Tables: 10 – 8 ft. rectangles, 10 – 6 ft. rectangles, 15 – 5 ft. rounds, & 3 Tall Bistro Pedestals;
- Chairs: 130 Folding Chairs Per Level;
- Private bathrooms; and a
- Warming Kitchen with Ice Machine.
- Peak Days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays): $2,000
- Off-Peak Days (Monday to Thursday): $1,200
- 50% discount available on rental rate for IRS approved tax exempt organizations and government entities. (Virginia State Government entities, please contact the Private Events Staff for the COV rate.)
- Rental Periods are between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., and additional hours are available in advance for $125 per hour.
- Rental Period Extensions by the Hour – $125/hour (up to 3 hours)
- Tent Rentals (we set up and take down all tents)
- 10′ x 10′ – $100
- 20′ x 30′ – $300
- 30′ x 40′ – $600
- Additional Tables & Chairs as available. Please contact us for pricing.
For more information and availability about Privately Hosted Rental Events, please contact our Private Event Staff at 540-332-7850 or firstname.lastname@example.org